This Policy document applies to the Verdura web site located at www.verdura.co.uk and www.digitalhealthpartners.co.uk and all associated sites linked by Verdura, its subsidiaries and affiliates, including Verdura sites around the world.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices and contact us if you have any questions.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Verdura may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create a Verdura or Digital Health Partners account, apply for credit, purchase a product, download a software update, connect to our services, contact us including by social media or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, credit card information and profile information where the contact is via social media.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Verdura products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in Verdura services or forums, Verdura may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Verdura will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up accounts for the purpose of extending credit, applying for credit , managing deliveries, or as required by law.
How we use your personal information
We may process your personal information: for the purposes described in this Verdura Policy, with your consent, for compliance with a legal obligation to which Verdura is subject, for the performance of a contract to which you are party, in order to protect your vital interests, or when we have assessed it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Verdura or a third party to whom it may be necessary to disclose information. If you have questions about this legal basis you can contact the European Data Protection Officer.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Verdura’s latest product announcements, updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by contacting us.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users, and pre-screening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including child sexual exploitation material. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Verdura account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Verdura, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Verdura’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- If you apply for a position at Verdura or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at Verdura, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information about how Verdura handles candidate personal information at the time of application.
Source of your personal information where they are not collected from you
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with you using Verdura products, sent gift certificates and products, or invited you to participate in Verdura services or forums. We may also validate the information provided by you when creating an Verdura account with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
If you are a potential candidate for employment with Verdura, we may have received your personal information from third parties such as recruiters or external websites. We will use the personal information we receive to contact you about a potential opportunity or in evaluating your candidacy. If you did not provide us with your personal information directly, we will inform you of the source when we first contact you regarding your candidacy. For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, post code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an Verdura product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure the quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Verdura may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Verdura website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Verdura may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, including to deliver products at your request, or to help Verdura market to consumers. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. Personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Verdura shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, processing and assessing a finance application, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Verdura operates.
Our current finance partner/lender whom uses the information to assess and process your application for finance is etika (a trading name of etika Finance UK Ltd), a company authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 697658. etika Finance UK Ltd is a UK registered company, registration number 07440512 with registered offices at WeWork, No 1 Spinningfields, Quay Street, Manchester, M3 3JE.www.etika.com.
Consumer credit service is provided by etika Finance UK Ltd trading as etika
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Verdura to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganisation, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Verdura takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Verdura online services such as the Verdura Online Store protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Verdura, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some Verdura products, services, or applications or post on an Verdura forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
The Existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
Verdura does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affects you.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your Verdura ID account page. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Verdura is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier. For the exercise of access, deactivation/restriction, correction, or deletion requests please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Third Party Sites and Services
Verdura websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Verdura employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
When a privacy question or question about personal information received in response to an access/download request is received our team will address your issue. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, we may request more information from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response within seven (7), days wherever possible - providing a response on the issue raised, requesting additional information where necessary or indicating that a response will require additional time. You may at any time refer your complaint to the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office) if you are unsatisfied with a reply received from us. If you ask us, we will endeavour to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
ICO details are Organisation name: Verdura Rewards Limited Reference: ZA561154
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues, we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.
Verdura Rewards Limited is a UK registered company, Registration Number 10952722 with registered offices at 12a Queen Anne’s Place. Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 2PT. Verdura Rewards is a company authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 918168.Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.